Rev. Dr. Sahr Yambasu
Sahr Yambasu is a minister of the Methodist Church in Ireland. He studied at the Sierra Leone Theological College in Freetown, then at Queen’s University College, Belfast, for his Bachelor of Divinity, and later for his PhD at the University of Cambridge in England. Following that he got an MA in Development Studies at the Development Studies Centre, Kimmage, Dublin.
He was Principal of the Sierra Leone Theological College from 1993-1995, is Co-founder of Africa Centre Ireland and chaired its board at different times. Sahr has served on the boards of several Charitable Organizations in Ireland and England and speaks at conferences on cross-cultural matters. In recent times he has founded the City of Sanctuary ~ Waterford Movement of which he is co-chair.
His publications include the following:
- Sahr Yambasu (2013), Between Africa and the West. Trafford Publishers
- Scott Boldt (ed.) (2008), ‘Challenged by Ignorance’ in Intercultural Insights. AICCMR Publications.
- Bernard Treacy OP, Alan V. Martin and Tony Walsh (eds.) (2006), ‘Embracing the Different Other’ in No Longer Strangers: Cultural Integration in Church and Society in Ireland. Dominican Publications
- Anne Ryan & Tony Walsh (eds.) (2004) ‘Interrogating Displacement’ in Unsettling the Horses: Interrogating Adult Education Perspectives. MACE Publications.
- Sahr Yambasu (2002), Dialectics of Evangelization. Legon Theological Studies Series.